RCGP Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse Part 1 (Secure Environments)
Hanham Secure Health is working in partnership with SLD Training to deliver this training. The course will be delivered virtually by Dr Louise Stranks, an experienced GP in both general practice and secure environments.
This training is endorsed by Public Health England and delivered on behalf of Spectrum Learn & Develop (SLD). The course has been developed to meet workforce training requirements for those professionals working within secure environments. This multi-disciplinary course is ideal for suitable for GPs, nurses, pharmacists, drug workers and other healthcare professionals working with substance misuse patients. You are also required to complete a 3 hour eLearning module prior to attending the virtual training event. Due to the changing nature of the content provided, we highly recommend that this course is completed every 5 years to ensure knowledge is kept up to date.
- Engage individuals in treatment.
- Identify harmful and dependent drug taking.
- Diagnose severity of drug dependence.
- Develop a range of harm reduction strategies.
- Understand treatment options to enable the provision of safe and effective care.
- Become aware of the current policy context regarding recovery.
- Deliver enhanced services for drug users.
- A full RCGP accredited training day.
- Completion of an e-Learning module, accessible here.
- 10 CPD hours will be gained on completion of this course.
Our virtual courses are designed to deliver an interactive and engaging experience through group discussions and collaborative polls via an online platform. If you are unable to travel to one of our National training events, you can receive high-quality accredited training without leaving your home.
“This course will me to have the confidence and the competence to be more involved in the clinical aspect of my client’s recovery journey. The content has allowed me to gather more knowledge on the topics discussed and therefore I feel I am now able to incorporate this content into daily work to heighten my standard. The course will allow me to make informed decisions surrounding client’s treatment and has given the confidence to raise these judgments with other colleagues” – Amber W, Recovery Worker
Tuesday 6th July 2021
9:15am to 4:30pm
£336 per delegate
*Please enter the following details to book your place via the SLD website: