HSH is a Mindful Employer
Hanham Secure Health signs the Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health and becomes a Mindful Employer
As an employer we recognise that, in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an employer, we have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment
We have worked hard to source, fund and provide a range of wellbeing resources and services to our employees since our inception in early 2020. Signing this Charter and continuing to demonstrate our commitment to employee wellbeing is a huge step in helping us to achieve our core value of putting people first.
Established in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. Providing employers with easier access to professional Workplace Mental Health training, information and support, the initiative aims to help empower employers to take a lead in supporting the mental wellbeing of their staff. By signing the ‘Charter for Employer Positive About Mental Health’, we have made a public statement of our desire to support the mental health of our employees across the organisation
@MindfulEmployUK #MindfulEmployer #MentalHealthAtWork